Adho Mukha Dandasana, अधोमुखदण्डासनम् (Plank Pose) is an outstandingly basic stance used both as a piece of the yoga world and in the games world. Notwithstanding the way that this position seems, by all accounts, to be an unessential move, it is essential to study your body. Adho signifies “down”, Mukha signifies “confront” and the significance of Dandasana is “staff”. This asana is popular as Plank Pose. In Sun Salutation plank Pose is one of the positions.
Sort: – Core, Arm adjust
Different Names: – Phalakasana, Santolasana, Kumbhakasana, high Plank Pose
Preliminary postures: – Chaturanga Dandasana, Adho Mukha Svanasana
Follow-up postures: – Bakasana, Adho Mukha Svanasana, Chaturanga Dandasana
Steps of Adho Mukha Dandasana (Plank Pose, अधोमुखदण्डासनम्)
1. In the first place get into the position of Downward confronting canine (Adho Mukha Svanasana) or rests on the floor.
2. Presently put your palms on the ground beside your shoulders.
3. Keep your feet adaptable with the bottoms of toes on the ground.
4. Presently take in profoundly and press up to a pushup.
5. Your body should be in a straight line from your foot sole areas to the highest point of your head.
6. Press your navel toward your spine at the time fix your rear end.
7. Presently look down at the floor to keep up your head in the nonpartisan posture and inhale typically.
8. Stay in the position for 10 to 20 seconds. After that let down your body to the ground and rest for some time at that point rehash the procedure 5 to 6 times.
Here are some different Variations of Plank Pose, which you should attempt. These are given underneath
Steps of Side Plank Pose
1. Get into the Plank Pose, which is said above.
2. Turn (pivot) your body to one side and endeavor to keep up the adjust on your correct arm, with your left feet stacked to your correct side.
3. Keep your left hand on hip or widen it toward the rooftop. Stay in the position for 10 to 15 seconds, return to the full board posture and lower yourself to the floor.
4. Repeat the action on the opposite side.
Health benefits of adho mukha dandasana (Plank Pose)
- Mukha Dandasana offers quality to your spine, arms and wrists.
- Tones your midriff.
- Offer quality to your abdominal area and center body.
- Board Pose stretches your spine, fortifies your lower back muscles.
- It conditions all the center muscles of your body.
- Enhances stance of the body.
- Builds the continuance and stamina in your body.
On the off chance that you are experiencing carpal passage disorder, at that point play out this stance with your knee bolster or on your lower arms. Patients of Osteoporosis entirely keep away from this. Try not to go past finished your points of confinement and capacities. In therapeutic issues, counsel a specialist and yoga master before endeavoring any yogic exercises.