Ingredients for Apple jam:
- Apples -5-6
- Water – 100 grams (1/2 cup)
- Sugar – 800 grams (4 cup )
- Cardamom(Elaichi ) powder-1 tsp
- Lemon juice – 1 tbsp(2 lemons)
- Wash the apples, dry them or wipe with cloth and peel them. Remove the peel of the apples and cut the flesh into small pieces.
- Put the apple pieces in a utensil with a thick base, pour water then cover and boil. Once it comes to boil, boil for another 10 minutes till apple pieces turn soft.
- After apples turn soft mash them properly with a spoon(used to mash).
- Put sugar in the mashed apples and stir well to let the sugar blend in. Allow jam to cook, if required you can still mash the apples. Keep stirring to prevent jam from sticking to the pan’s base( check if the jam is cooked, pour a little bit of jam on a plate, it has to fall together, water should not fall separately). Turn off the gas.