In Sanskrit “Baddha” implies bound or bolted. Baddha Padmasana is otherwise called locked lotus pose, cause the parts of the body, amid in Baddha Padmasana (बद्ध पद्मासन), are immovably bolted up and harden to strengthen its unfaltering quality, amid this stance, the toes are getting a handle on by the fingers, alongside the arms crossed from behind.
This posture is the proper level of Padmasana. At first, you need to ace in Padmasana and another essential asana, after that you can hone this Asana. In your first endeavor in the event that you are not ready to play out this asana, at that point do as much as you can, don’t drive yourself for playing out this Pose.
How to do Baddha Padmasana (Locked Lotus Pose)
1. Sit in the Padmasana (Lotus Pose), keep your feet high on your thighs, simply near the crotch.
2. Place your correct arm in the face of your good faith and reach around till your correct hand is near the left hip.
3. Presently bow forward a bit; bend your trunk to your correct side and endeavor to get a handle on the correct thumb of a toe, laying on the left thigh immovably with the pointer and the center finger.
4. Sit straight and stay in the position for a couple of seconds.
5. Proportionately, put your left arm in the face of your good faith; crossing your correct arm and attempt to reach around till your left hand is near your correct hip.
6. Presently twist forward a bit. Curve your middle to one side and unite your shoulder bones, endeavor to get a handle on the left thumb of the toe, laying on the correct thigh immovably with the pointer and the center finger.
7. Sit straight and stay in the position for a couple of moments.
8. Presently your arms and legs are firmly bolted.
9. Attempt to keep your head, neck, and spine straight.
10. Your knees should press the ground.
11. Look straight forward and breathing ordinarily.
12. Endeavor to hold this posture for around ten seconds or as long as you can.
13. Presently discharge your hands and open the foot bolt and return to the underlying position.
14. Rehash a similar procedure with your substitute legs and hands too.
Health benefits of Baddha Padmasana (बद्ध पद्मासन)
- Make your legs adaptable.
- It extends the joints of shoulders, wrists, back, elbows, hips, knees, lower legs and makes them more adaptable.
- Useful in the shoulders and back agony.
- It enhances the stance of the spine.
- It expands the scope of the shoulder developments.
- It is useful in clogging and enhances the elements of stomach related framework.
- Everyday routine with regards to this asana is helpful in arthritis.
- Makes your spine straight.
Contraindications of Baddha Padmasana
Attempt to get a handle on the correct thumb of your toe with the fingers of your correct hand and the left thumb toe with the fingers of your left hand.
This asana requires needs a high level of aptitude so endeavor this posture in the wake of acing in the fundamental asanas.
Maintain a strategic distance from this asana in the event of knee damage, extreme back or bear torment.
Pregnant ladies keep away from this pose.
In the event that you truly need to get every one of the advantages of asana and pranayama you need to rehearse day by day. The supervision of an accomplished mentor is entirely prescribed.