Sanskrit Name: – Chaturanga Dandasana
Meaning: – Four limbed Staff pose
Follow-up postures: – Urdhva Mukha Svanasana, Adho Mukha Svanasana
Position: – Arm adjusting, push up position
The word ‘Chaturanga Dandasana’ (चतुरंग दंडासन) is originates from Sanskrit, in which the significance of Chatur is “four”, Anga signifies “appendages”, danda signifies “staff” and importance of Asana is seat, stance or stance. In this represent our the two hands and the two legs are utilized with the goal that’s the reason this is called four-limbed staff act and furthermore known like low board posture.
In this Chaturanga Dandasana you need to keep your body parallel to the floor and which is bolstered by your toes and palms with elbows at a correct edge yet not touching the floor. Chaturanga Dandasana looks much like a push up posture, yet with the hands low (essentially finished the pelvis), and the elbows kept in at the edges of the body.
How to do Chaturanga Dandasana (four limbed staff pose)
1. In the first place take a place of Downward confronting canine posture (Adho Mukha Svanasana) after that come into board posture (Note that your shoulder bones are pushed unflinchingly against your back and that your tailbone is pushed towards the pubis).
2. Keep your arms completely expanded and keep your spine totally erect.
3. Inhale out, twist your elbows and keep down your lower body towards the ground yet not touching it, stop at a moment that you are few inches far from the floor or ground.
4. Keep your body parallel to the ground and your hips should be straight. Turn your legs internal amid this position.
5. Keep wide space between your shoulder bones.
6. Your elbows should not be spread outwards yet rather be pushed back downwards towards the foot sole area.
7. Make sure your neck is balanced straight with whatever remains of body and press the base of your index fingers to the ground.
8. Stay in this position for around 10-30 seconds and after that inhale out and lays tenderly on the floor.
9. Rehash this procedure for 3 to 6 times.
(Make an effort not to sink your center underneath the elbow level since this puts an extensive measure of weight on the elbow joints. While doing this endeavor to bring your midriff up and pass on the largeness of the body similarly as between the upper and the lower body – drive your foot rear areas back.)
In the event that you can’t endeavor this Asana legitimately, all things considered you can keep your knees on the floor.
Benefits of Chaturanga Dandasana (चतुरंग दंडासन)
- Reinforces Arms, wrists and belly.
- Helpful for those individuals who are experiencing back issues since it fortifies the back muscles.
- Lift the adaptability, adjust and solidness.
- Makes your triceps and biceps solid.
- Offers quality to the muscles of the wrists.
- It conditions the midriff.
- Offers quality profoundly abs.
NOTE: – Pregnant ladies and individuals having wrist damage or if there should be an occurrence of carpal passage disorder maintain a strategic distance from this. Do yogic exercises in legitimate route under the supervision of experts.