Orange and chocolate combination is amazing and here is a – chocolate orange marble cake recipe including both wonderful ingredients.
Chocolate Orange marble cake recipe :
175 grams butter
175 grams castor sugar
200 grams all purpose flour
1-1/2 tsp baking powder
juice of one large orange or 1/2 cup of orange juice
a tsp or more of orange rind
125 grams dark chocolate, melted in a double boiler and kept aside
Method for chocolate orange marble cake :
- First preheating the oven to 180 C.
- Next, line a cupcake pan or a spring foam pan or a loaf pan with butter paper or parchment paper and set aside. You can also grease the pans with butter and dust with flour.
- In a mixing bowl whisk the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Gradually add in one egg at a time and beat until fluffy. Add in the orange juice, the zest and the flour a little at a time until well combined.
- Pour in half the cake batter into the prepared tin. Drizzle the melted chocolate into the batter and pour the remaining cake batter over this. With the help of skewer, create a marbling effect on the batter, by swirling it around. Drizzle the remaining chocolate sauce over the batter and create a marble effect for this batter too.
- Place the cake pan into the preheated oven and bake for 30 to 45 minutes until the tester when inserted into the cake comes out clean.
- Once the cake is baked, remove from the oven and allow it to cool for atleast 5 minutes before you an invert, cut and serve.
- Serve the delicious Chocolate orange marble Cake along with breakfast or as a tea time snack with a cup of coffee.