Cinnamon is used as an aromatic spice in bundles of recipes especially in desserts. Here is one yummy recipe made with cinnamon i.e. cinnamon roll.
Ingredients for cinnamon roll recipe
4teaspoons baking powder
1cup brown sugar or 1 cup white sugar
- Advocated reading-Turmeric-A Queen of Spice
- Spinach “A Superfood”
- Cinnamon nutrition facts health benefits and recipes
- For the filling, in a small bowl combine softened butter, brown sugar and cinnamon to form a crumbly mixture.
- Sprinkle 1/2 of the mixture over the bottom of a 9×9 pan.
- In a large bowl mix together flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt.
- Cut in softened butter (sometimes your hands are the best tools).
- Stir in milk to form a soft dough.
- Roll out dough on a lightly floured into a rectangle about 1/4 inch thick.
- Spread the remaining filling on the rolled out dough.
- Roll up the rectangle, with a sharp knife slice into 18 small rolls (12 if you want them a little bigger).
- Bake for 20-25 min at 400°F.
- For glaze, combine powdered sugar and milk in a small bowl and stir until smooth.
- Once rolls are finished, drizzle on glaze and serve warm.