Diabetes is a disease in which your blood glucose, or blood sugar, levels are too high. Glucose comes from the foods you eat. Insulin is a hormone that helps the glucose get into your cells to give them energy. Here are diabetes signs.
With type 1 diabetes, your body does not make insulin. With type 2 diabetes, the more common type, your body does not make or use insulin well. Without enough insulin, the glucose stays in your blood. You can also have pre diabetes. This means that your blood sugar is higher than normal but not high enough to be called diabetes. Having pre diabetes puts you at a higher risk of getting type 2 diabetes.
Over time, having too much glucose in your blood can cause serious problems. It can damage your eyes, kidneys, and nerves. Diabetes can also cause heart disease, stroke. Pregnant women can also get diabetes, called gestational diabetes.
Blood tests can show if you have diabetes. One type of test, the A1C, can also check on how you are managing your diabetes. Exercise, weight control and sticking to your meal plan can help control your diabetes. You should also monitor or test your blood glucose level using Alere G1 blood glucose monitoring system and take medicine if prescribed.
- 0.1 Monitor your blood sugar regularly. Choose Alere G1 for best results:
- 0.2 Common warning of diabetes and diabetes signs include
- 1 Symptoms of diabetes and diabetes signs You May Miss (diabetes mellitus type 2)
- 1.0.1 1. Weight loss
- 1.0.2 2. Slow Wound Healing
- 1.0.3 3. Skin infection
- 1.0.4 4. Tired feeling
- 1.0.5 5. Blurred Vision
- 1.0.6 6. Overeating/Excessive eating
- 1.0.7 7. Numbness in hands or feet
- 1.0.8 8. Excessive Urination
- 1.0.9 9. Dark ring around the neck
- 1.0.10 10. High blood pressure
- 1.0.12 How to use Alere G1 Glucometer