A headache is pain anywhere in the region of the head or neck. It can be a symptom of a number of different conditions of the head and neck. Headaches can result from a wide range of causes both benign and more serious, home remedies to cure headache are very much useful. Brain tissue itself is not sensitive to pain as it lacks pain receptors. People take various medicines to get relieved from headache which is in turn harmful for the body. But here I provide you with home remedies to cure headache – really effective ways without any side effects to the body.
Easy home remedies to cure headache
- Soaking feet in hot water will help your head feel better.This will draw blood to the feet, the hot-water footbath will ease pressure on the blood vessels in the head. For a really bad headache, add a bit of hot mustard powder to the water.
- Soak hands in ice water for as long as you can stand it. While your hands are submerged, repeatedly open and close your fists. This works on the same principle as an ice pack on your head—the cold narrows the dilated blood vessels.
- For a tension headache, place a hot compress on forehead or the back on neck. The heat will help relax knotted-up muscles in this area. One of important home remedies to cure headache.
- Apply a cold compress to the forehead.(Put a couple of ice cubes in a washcloth or use a bag of frozen vegetables.) Cold constricts blood vessels, and when they shrink, they stop pressing on sensitive nerves. Since headache pain sometimes originates in nerves in back of your neck, try moving the compress to the muscles at the base of your skull.
- Read – Best natural remedies for Sinus
- Have a cup of strong coffee. Caffeine reduces blood-vessel swelling, and thus can help relieve, cure headache.Caffeine is an ingredient in some extra-strength painkillers like Excedrin.
- Tie a bandanna, scarf, or necktie around forehead, then tighten it just to the point where you can feel pressure all around your head. By reducing the flow of blood to your scalp, this can help relieve the pain caused by swollen blood vessels.You might try soaking the bandanna in vinegar, a traditional headache remedy.
- Gently massage a bit of lavender oil onto the forehead,then lie back and enjoy the relaxing scent. For maximum relief, rest in a room that’s cool, dark, and quiet. The longer you can lie there quietly breathing in the aroma, the better.
- An anti-inflammatory, ginger was traditionally used to treat headaches so for this Grind up a half-teaspoon ginger, stir it into a glass of water, and drink this “ginger juice.” Or pour 1 cup hot water over 1 teaspoon freshly ground ginger, let the tea cool a bit, then drink it. Ginger is especially effective for cure headache against migraines, though how it works is not well understood.
- Try drinking a cup of rosemary tea; some people say it helps keep a headache from getting worse.Pour 1 cup boiling water over 1 teaspoon of the dried herb, steep for 10 minutes, strain, and drink.
- For everyday tension-type headaches, almonds can be a natural remedy and a healthier alternative to other medicine. It acts as a pain reliever because it contains something called salicin. Try eating a handful or two of these wholesome nuts when you feel the ache start to set in.
- Apple cider vinegar is very useful in treating the headaches. Pour ¼ cup of apple cider vinegar into a large bowl, and then fill the bowl halfway with boiling water. Place a towel over your head so that it drapes over the bowl, trapping the steam, and hold your face over it. Make sure your face isn’t so close that it gets burned by the steam. Do this for 5-10 minutes, or when the water starts to cool down, breathing in and out deeply the whole time. When you’re done, use the towel to pat your face dry, and go drink a glass of cool water.