Rajakapotasana (King Pigeon Pose) is the advanced level of Pigeon posture, In Sanskrit “Raja” implies King and the significance of kapot is pigeon and asana implies pose, stance or seat. Lord pigeon pose is practiced in an arranged position. It is a leaned back or backbend represent that influences the waist to puff up, in this way taking after the position of a pigeon. This is the way this asana is named Raja (ruler) kapot (pigeon) asana (act). Rajkapotasana is an impelled yoga act. This is the second level of Kapotasana and furthermore known as Ek Pada Rajakapotasana (One – legged King Pigeon Pose). Before doing this training its essential level.
Level of Asana: Advanced
Preliminary Poses: –
Bhujangasana (Cobra Pose), Gomukhasana, Baddha Konasana, Setubandhasana, Ek Pada Rajakapotasana Supta Virasana, Virasana, Supta Baddha Konasana, Vrikshasana, Utthita Parsvakonasana, Utthita Trikonasana.
Follow-Up Poses: –
Otherwise called: – Ek Pada Rajakapotasana (One – legged King Pigeon Pose)
How to do King Pigeon Pose (Rajakapotasana, राज कपोतासन)
1. Start off on your fours, guaranteeing your knees are set straightforwardly under your hips and your hands to some degree before your shoulders.
2. After that gently slide your correct knee forward, with the true objective that it is basically behind your correct wrist. Amid this, hold your correct shin under your middle, and procure your correct foot front of your left knee. The outside of your correct shin must lie on the floor.rajakapotasana-lord pigeon-posture steps
3. Progressively, slide your left leg to the back. Redress your knee, and drop the front of your thighs to the floor. Cut down the outside of your correct posterior on the floor. Place your correct foot rear areas previously your left hip.
4. You can likewise point your correct knee towards the right, to such a degree, to the point that it is outside the line of the hip.
5. Your left leg should expand itself straight out of the hip. Guarantee it isn’t turned or bowed to one side. Presently turn it inwards, with the true objective that its midline is crushed against the floor.
6. From that point forward, take a long and full breath; while you inhale out twist left leg from the knees. By then, drive your center back and stretch out as much as you would so be able to that your head touches your foot.
7. Raise your arms, delicately crumbling them at your elbows. Use your hands to bring your foot towards your head.
8. Keep up the upright position of your pelvis. Drive it down. By then, lift the lower edges of your rib limit against the heaviness of the push.
9. For lifting up your waist (chest), drive the most elevated purpose of your sternum straight up and towards the rooftop.
10. Stay in this position around 30 to 60 seconds.
11. Presently put down your hands back to the floor and put your left knee down. Gradually slide your left knee forward.
12. Inhale out and get into the Adho Mukha Svanasana.
13. Rest for at some point; returned on your fours and unwind. As you inhale out, do the asana with your left leg forward and right leg at the back.
14. Rehash this procedure with your correct leg forward and once with your left leg forward.
Health benefits of King Pigeon Pose (Rajakapotasana)
- Rajakapotasana extends your whole lower body.
- It kneads your stomach organs, consequently enhancing absorption.
- Reinforces your back and it diminishes in back issues like sciatica.
- Lord Pigeon posture opens up your hips and makes your hips more adaptable.
- The significant extend quiets the group of nervousness and strain.
- It opens up the midriff (chest) and fortifies the groin.
- Lord pigeon posture in like manner upgrades the working of the urinary and regenerative structures (conceptive frameworks).
Practice this posture under the supervision of a specialist yoga coach coz it is a propel posture. One false extend could hurt you. In the event that you are a novice at that point don’t endeavor this pose, do this stance following maybe a couple months normal routine with regards to yoga.