Lemons a round yellow ball which have a sour taste but full of nutrients essential for health, skin and hairs. Lemons are used for various other purposes like cleaning, garnishing etc.. One of the delighting recipe with lemon is lemon cheesecake
For The Cream lemon cheesecake Mixture
5 cups full-fat milk
2 tbsp lemon juice
For The Biscuit Base
1 cup coarsely crushed digestive biscuits
5 tbsp melted butter
For The Lemon Cheesecake Mixture
1 cup beaten whipped cream
1/2 tsp grated lemon rind
1 cup cream cheese
1/4 cup powdered sugar
For The Lemon Sauce
3/4 tbsp lemon juice
1/2 tsp grated lemon rind ,1 tsp cornflour
3 tbsp sugar
1/2 tsp butter
a pinch of edible lemon yellow food colour
For the cream cheese mixture
- Keep 2 tbsp of milk aside and boil the remaining milk in a deep non-stick pan.
- When the milk starts boiling, remove from the flame.
- Add the lemon juice and wait for 2 minutes.
- Stir once and again wait for 2 minutes or till the milk is completely curdled. Strain it with the help of a strainer or muslin cloth and squeeze out all the excess water from the paneer.
- Combine the prepared paneer and remaining 2 tbsp of milk and blend in a mixer to a smooth paste. Keep aside.
For the biscuit base
- Place the biscuits on a butter paper or a rolling board and crush into a coarse powder with the help of a rolling pin.
- Transfer the crushed biscuit powder into a bowl, add the butter and mix well.
- Spread and press the mixture into the base of a 175 mm. (7″) loose bottomed cake tin.
- Refrigerate for atleast 30 minutes. Keep aside.
Cinnamon Roll recipe
For the lemon cheesecake mixture
- Combine all the ingredients in a deep bowl and fold gently. Keep aside.
For the lemon sauce
- Combine the cornflour and 2 tbsp of water in a small bowl, mix well and keep aside.
- Combine the sugar with ½ cup of water in a broad non-stick pan, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes, while stirring continuously.
- Add the cornflour-water mixture, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 3 minutes, while stirring continuously.
- Add the butter and mix well. Keep aside to cool.
- Once cooled, add the lemon juice, lemon rind and lemon yellow food colour and mix well. Keep aside.
How to proceed
- Spread the cheesecake mixture evenly over the set biscuit base and refrigerate for 5 hours or till firm.
- Pour the lemon sauce evenly over it, de-mould the pie, cut into 6 equal wedges and serve chilled.