Mango pickle is a pickles prepared using mango. This is a very popular pickle in South Asia. There are multiple variety of mango pickles prepared depending on the region and the spices used but, broadly there are two types of – whole baby mango pickle or cut mango pickle. [Read Lemon Pickle]
Mango(large) – 1
Red chilly powder -1/2 cup
Turmeric powder – 1/2 tsp
Grinded Fenugreek seeds(Methi) – 1/4 cup
Asafoetida(Hingh) – 1 tsp
Salt – 1/4 cup
Mustard oil – 1/4 cup
2-3 Dry Red whole chili
- Cut the mango into small dices and remove the pit.
- Add salt and turmeric, grinded fenugreek seeds, red chilly powder, asafoetida and mix it well.
- Heat oil in a pan. Add whole chili. Allow it to cool.
- When the oil becomes room temperature, mix it with the masala mixture.
- Now add mango pieces to pickle masala and mix well.
- Keep it in sun for few days without adding more oil.
- Keep shaking it daily.