Mayurasana (Peacock Pose) steps and benefits of mayurasana
updated on: November 7, 2017
In Sanskrit, Mayur Stands for Peacock and significance of Asana is Pose or Posture. As demonstrated by the Indian folklore, peacock is an image of affection and everlasting status. Mayurasana (मयूरासन) is said to take after a peacock when it struts around with its crest down. Peacock Pose has a wreck of favorable circumstances, and regardless of the way that it looks entrapped, with a little practice, Mayurasana (Peacock Pose) is exceptionally easy to do.
Style of Asana: – Hatha Yoga
Level of Asana: – Intermediate
Preliminary Poses: – Eka Pada Shirshasana, Chaturanga Dandasana.
Follow-Up Poses: – Balasana, Eka Hasta Bhujasana, Bhujapidasana, Adho Mukha Svanasana, Dwi Hasta Bhujasana.
How to do Mayurasana (Peacock Pose)
1. Begin this posture by sitting on your foot sole areas. Keep some separation between your the two knees.
2. Keep your hands on the ground with fingers focuses towards your body. Gradually twist your elbows and press them towards your midsection.
3. Keep your belly firm. For this place your head on the ground, and work up the quality in your stomach.
4. Presently extend your legs, in a way that your knees are straight and your feet are confronting the floor.
5. Keep your shoulder bones solid and pushed into your back. Fix your bum and lift your head and look forward.
6. Advance your body weight and raise your legs from the beginning. Lift your body by your hands and it ought to be parallel to the ground.
7. Stay in this stance around 30 seconds and you can expand the holding time around one moment by every day hone.
8. After that put your head and feet on the floor and discharge the posture.
Health benefits of Mayurasana
- Peacock pose expels poisons and detoxifies your body.
- Enhances the capacity of stomach related framework and makes belly more grounded.
- Peacock pose is valuable in heaps and diabetes.
- Fortifies and conditions your regenerative framework.
- Makes your elbows, wrist, spine and shoulders more grounded.
- Mayurasana enhances your stance.
- Decreases nervousness and stress and offer tranquility to mind.
- Builds your centering energy of brain.
On the off chance that you have damage in your shoulder, elbow or wrist, shoulder or elbow, at that point evade this in hernia, High B.P., heart related ailments.