In Purvottanasana, the importance of Purva is ‘East’, which means of Ut is ‘extreme’ and the significance of Tan is ‘extend’. This is the invert posture of straightforward board posture. This stance is tad extreme, yet in the event that you are ace in other board posture at that point it’s simple for you. The Purvottanasana, पूर्वोत्तानासन genuinely alludes for an extraordinary eastward facing stretch. East similarly suggests the front of the body and it is regularly the orientation of growing potential and new beginnings. In English, this asana has various names – Upward Plank Pose, Inclined Plank Pose, Reverse Plank Pose, Inclined Plane Pose, Upward Plane Pose, or Back Bend Pose.
How to do Purvottanasana (upward plank pose)
1. Initially get into the Staff posture (Dandasana).
2. Keep your hands behind your hips, in a way that your fingertips are looking towards to your feet.
3. Presently twist your knees, keep your feet on the floor. Your feet ought to be hip-width separated.
4. Inhale out and push your hands and feet firmly on the ground to lift your hips such that they are parallel as your shoulders. Keep your arms rectified out.
5. Incorporate your spinal muscles as you correct (fix) your legs and point your toes outward way. Raise your hips as high as would be prudent, and keep your excesses firm and furthermore keep your legs solid.
6. Presently raise your midriff (chest) up and allow your shoulders to roll onto your back. Allow your go to hang behind you, yet be careful about your neck.
7. Stay in the posture around 5 to 6 breaths, after that inhale out and let down your body and get into the underlying stance.
8. Rehash this procedure around 3 to 5 times.
Health benefits of Purvottanasana (पूर्वोत्तानासन)
- It extends the chest, shoulders, biceps and the front of your lower legs.
- It reinforces your arms, legs, center and back.
- It is an amazing counterpose for four-limbed staff posture.
- It fortifies your arms, wrists, hamstrings and glutes.
- Great therapeutics for dejection or weakness and unwinds your brain.
Otherwise called: – Upward board posture, Reverse Plank posture.
Stay away from this stance on the off chance that you have wrist damage, if there should be an occurrence of neck damage utilize a divider or a seat for supporting your head. Do all the yog asana and pranayama before a specialist individual and counsel a specialist in any restorative issues.