This Yoga posture is a prostrate stance (Lying down) that objectives hamstrings and your inward thighs. Best perfect stance for tenderfoots. The Word Sucirandhrasana is taken from Sanskrit. In this, Suci= Needle, Randhra = Loop or opening and Asana implies stance, seat or stance. In needle, there is a circle or gap for passing the string, when you play out this asana you need to go your hands through the space between your knees. Along these lines, this Asana is named as Sucirandhrasana (Eye of the Needle Pose).
The level of Asana: – Basic.
Another Name: – Eye of the Needle posture, Pigeon pose, Knee to Ankle posture, Reclining one-legged Pigeon posture.
Centering Chakra: – The Heart Chakra (Anahata)
Steps of Sucirandhrasana (Eye of the Needle Pose)
1. To start with, begin the posture by taking the position from that point forward, twist your knees, and keep the bottoms of your feet level on the ground or floor.
2. Then isolate your feet in a way that they are wide separated from your hips. Keep your thighs parallel to each other.
3. Subsequent stage, rectify and raise your left leg alongside stretching out your foot sole area to the roof.
4. From that point onward, twist your left knee and traverse your correct knee. Convey your left external lower leg to the outside of your correct knee in a way that your foot floats noticeable all around.
5. Next, keep your left foot flex, by squeezing through your rear area in the meantime pull your toes back toward the left.
6. Amid inhale out; put your correct knee hidden from everyone else. Presently, slide your left hand and lower arm by the space between your legs.
7. Now, your back ought to be level on the floor or tangle. Release your shoulder bones down toward your midsection and widen over your collarbones.
8. Keep your sacrum and tailbone down towards the floor and protract your spine.
9. Inhale out and release your leg and keep your right foot on the ground. Raise your left leg straight up to the rooftop once more, and after that twist your knee and put your left foot on the ground.
10. Rehash similar strides with your inverse leg.
(You can use yoga tie on the off chance that you are not ready to catch your hands around your thighs.)
Advantages and benefits of Sucirandhrasana
- Opening of the Needle posture is helpful in stress, tension, and wretchedness.
- Extends and reinforce your hamstring, bring down back, and internal thighs.
- Sucirandhrasana pose relaxes and mollusks your brain.
Try not to perform eye of the Needle posture if you have pain in the hip, knee or spine.