Supta Padangusthasana (सुप्तपादाङ्गुगुष्ठासनम्)
Level of Asana: – Basic
Style of Asana: – Iyengar Yoga
Preliminary Poses: – Baddha Konasana, Uttanasana, Adho Mukha Svanasana
Follow-Up Poses: – Seated forward curves and Standing Poses
Otherwise called: – Reclined Hand to Big Toe Pose
Supta is a Sanskrit word which implies Reclining, Pada remains for foot, Angustha speaks to the Big toe of foot and the significance of Asana is posture.
This stance gives you a profound extend alongside it opens up your legs totally. It is moreover said to improve both your general physical and mental wellbeing. Numerous people end up sharpening this asana as stretch out without knowing the name of the stance; however this stance has a ton to offer.
How to do Supta Padangusthasana (सुप्तपादाङ्गुगुष्ठासनम्)
1. Rests on your back with your legs broadened and flexed your feet. Presently press your feet by your rear areas.
2. Inhale out and pull your correct knee towards your waist (chest), and circle a tie around the bend or hurt of your correct foot. In case you are a readied yoga master, use two fingers and catch them onto the huge toe
3. From that point onward, raise your correct leg up to the rooftop or roof and keep your leg straight in a way that your arms are parallel to each other, and press your shoulders towards are the floor.
4. Keep pushing and extending your left leg, driving the most noteworthy purpose of your left thigh down with the left hand. The growth of the correct leg must influence a pleasing to stretch out in the back of the leg.
5. You may hold the stance here or turn your correct leg out, holding that leg down on your correct side. However, if you do this, you should ensure your left hip is grounded on the floor.
6. Stay in the stance around 30 to 60 seconds or as much as you can.
7. Rehash a similar procedure with your left leg.
Benefits of Supta Padangusthasana (Reclined Hand to Big Toe Pose)
- It extends thighs, hips, hamstrings, calves and crotch.
- Supta Padangusthasana makes your knees more grounded.
- Empowers the prostate organ.
- Vitalize your stomach related organs alongside enhances processing.
- Gives alleviation in spinal pain, sciatica and menstrual related inconvenience.
- Supta Padangusthasana cures barrenness, level feet.
Tip for Beginner’s
As a disciple, you should endeavor this posture with the foot rear area of the leg squeezed against a divider or a divider. Regardless, if your body is still too firm, you can put a piece under the hip of the raised leg (the help under the thigh unwinds the inward groin), and from that point onward, when you bring your leg as a bit of hindsight, you can lay it on the square.
In case you can use your fingers instead of a tie to hold your toes and do the asana, it is the impelled adjustment of this position. This goes with extraordinary practice and consistent quality.
Refrain from doing this asana if you have a headache or the runs (looseness of the bowels).