Significance of “Supta” is leaned back and it is a Sanskrit word and “Vira” is gotten from the expression of Sanskrit. In Sanskrit the significance of “Vira” is saint or a warrior; and Asana remains for Pose, act or sit. Supta Virasana (सुप्तवीरासन) is a leaned back type of Virasana in which your abdominal area leans back in reverse in a way that your back lays on the floor or ground. Your arms lay on the floor to the side of your trunk, with palms confronting upward. Supta virasana is the following level of Virasana. Before honing this asana you need to idealize in basic type of Virasana. When you ace in Virasana at that point go for Supta Virasana.
The Supta Reclining Hero Pose (Virasana) is seen as a middle level stance. It isn’t a to a great degree surely understood stance as the position itself is insignificantly troublesome. In any case, acing this position has various focal points for ranges, for instance, the groin, thighs, mid-locale, knees, and lower legs and so forth.
Follow Up Poses: – Bakasana (Crane Pose), Baddha Konasana (Bond Angle Pose), Padmasana (Lotus Pose)
Position: – Reclined
Level: – Intermediate
How to do Supta Virasana (Reclined Hero Pose, सुप्तवीरासन)
1. To start with get into the posture of Virasana (Hero Pose).
2. Keep your hands alongside your sides.
3. Inhale out and lean in reverse towards the ground.
4. Put your weight on to your hands and after that your elbows and lower arms.
5. When you are slanting toward your elbows, put your hands at the back (on the pelvis).
6. At that point release the rump and lower back by driving/propelling yourself downwards towards your tailbone.
7. You may complete the process of leaning back by going towards the floor or by leaning back with help.
8. You can utilize two covers of same tallness for your help. These covers help you while you are inclining downwards.
9. Stay in the position for around 30 to 60 seconds or up to 60 seconds.
10. When you are ace in it, you can hold it for 5 minutes..
Health benefits of Supta Virasana (Reclined Hero Pose)
- Reinforces your throbs and extends your quadriceps.
- Supta Virasana is useful in the treatment of sciatica.
- Leaned back Hero posture helps in dozing issue like sleep deprivation.
- Enhances processing.
- It soothes menstrual agony side effects.
- Extends your stomach area, profound hip flexors, lower legs and thighs.
- Asthma and different sicknesses like joint inflammation can likewise be dealt with by this stance.
- It is gainful in migraines, colds, level feet, fruitlessness, and menstrual issues etc.
On the off chance that you have any issues identified with knee, lower leg and spine at that point stay away from this posture.