This Yoga posture is the standing split stance, which conditions your body. In yoga, split is utilized for giving you a decent extend. Before Practicing this Asana, you have great adaptability in your legs, neck, and back. The word Urdhva Prasarita Eka Padasana is originating from Sanskrit. In this, Urdhva= Elevated, upright, erect. Prasarita= Spread extended, grow or expand. Eka= One, single. Pada= Foot and the significance of urdhva prasarita eka padasana.
Another Name: – Standing Split Pose
Level of Asana: – Intermediate
Preliminary Yoga Poses: – Padangusthasana, Prasarita Padottanasana, Uttanasana, Janu Sirsasana, Paschimottanasana, Adho Mukha Svanasana, Supta Padangusthasana
Follow Up Poses: – Bhujangasana (Cobra Pose)
Centering Chakra: – The Wisdom Chakra (Manipura chakra)
Steps of Urdhva Prasarita Eka Padasana – Standing Split Pose
1. As a matter of first importance, Lift your left arm up alongside extends your correct leg. Twist your middle towards the correct when you inhale out. After that raise your left leg off to the floor (into the air).
2. From that point onward, delicately lean forward and move your middle to your correct thigh. Keep your hands in laying position on the floor to deal with the body weight.
3. Presently, delicately move your body weight on your correct leg while you are rectifying left leg over your crown (head).
4. Note that, you need to pivot your hip joint and leg appropriately amid playing out this Asana.
5. Ensure that, you should keep your pelvis parallel to the ground; with the goal that it might need to tilt towards the left to balance your weight.
6. Amid the procedure, keep your the two legs and knees erect, both of your knee tops confronting straight heading. For keeping the lifted leg straight noticeable all around you should push your chest towards the standing leg. When you keep up the adaptability fasten your standing leg on the floor. Your middle plunges your leg will rise.
7. Hold the position around 30 to 60 seconds. Delicately inhale out and gradually put down your leg on the floor and return to the standing position.
8. Mirror a similar procedure with your inverse leg.
(Apprentice may utilize the help of divider for helping lifted leg. Unwind your neck and look towards your knee and remember that not to strain your back. Raise your leg as much as you can).
Health benefits of Standing split Pose
- Standing Split Pose enhances your adjust fortifies your kidneys and liver.
- Urdhva Prasarita Eka Padasana help in Fatigue, cerebral pain, tension, mellow misery, and a sleeping disorder.
- Enhances your centering power. Extends and fortifies your hamstrings, calves, quads, and crotch.
- Expel the strain from your cervical spine and great Yoga posture for your spine moreover.
High or low circulatory strain individual, first concern your specialist. Maintain a strategic distance from Urdhva Prasarita Eka Padasana (Standing Split Pose), in a headache, low back torment, hip damage, lower leg additionally in knee and shoulder damage. Take profound breathing amid this.