How to do Utthita Hasta Padangusthasana (Stretched out Hand to Big Toe)
updated on: November 6, 2017
Utthita Hasta Padangusthasana (उत्थित हस्त पादंगुष्ठासन) needs greater adaptability in legs, so before playing out this Asana, attempt other essential leg extending Poses first. In this posture, you need to bring your leg up in sending heading or to your hand’s side course and snatch the thumb of your foot and keep up the adjust. Utthita Hasta Padangusthasana is a Sanskrit word; in which Utthita remains for broadened, Pada speaks to your foot and the significance of Angustha is a Big toe. This yoga pose is outstanding as Extended Hand to big toe Pose. It gives warmth and development to your body.
Supta Virasana, Uttanasana, Supta Padangusthasana
Bhujangasana (Cobra Pose), Adho Mukha Svanasana, Uttanasana
Level of Asana: – Intermediate
Steps of Utthita Hasta Padangusthasana (Stretched out Hand to Big Toe)
1. To start with get into the position of tadasana, keep your left knee toward your stomach.
2. Presently achieve your left arm internal to your thigh and traverse your front lower leg. Subsequent to doing this you need to hold the outside of your left foot (If you have tight hamstrings at that point hold a tie circle around your left underside).
3. Keep your front thigh muscles of your standing leg solid alongside keeping your external thigh an internal way.
4. Take in and extend your left leg forward.
5. Presently, you need to fix your knee as much as you can. After that swing your left leg out to the side. Inhale regularly and endeavor to keep up your adjust. Breathing causes you to adjust.
6. Stay in the stance around 30 seconds; breath out and down your leg to the floor. Rehash a similar procedure with your substitute leg.
Tips for Beginners
You can utilize the help of seat back for putting your raised leg foot on the best edge of a seat.
Advantages of Utthita Hasta Padangusthasana
- Stretched out Hand-to-Big-Toe Pose fortifies your lower legs and legs alongside extends the backs of your legs.
- Extends your adductor muscles of your raised leg and hamstrings moreover.
- This yoga pose is useful for your center.
- Utthita Hasta Padangusthasana is beneficial for your sensory system.
In the state of lower leg wounds, feet and legs torment at that point keep away from this pose. On the off chance that you are feeling unsteadiness in the hip district additionally evade people you are experiencing vertigo and adjust issues at that point don’t play out this pose.