Yoga is a traditional form of practice that focuses on the wholesome development of an individual. It is much more than cure or exercise; broadly it can be said as the transformation of both mind and body towards positivity and longevity. Yoga is a simple form of practice that provides you a blissful life. As there are yoga poses to stay fit.
In fact there are numerous benefits of yoga that cover your physical, mental and social well-being. Yoga gifts you a flexible, toned and beautiful body posture.
Yoga is a scientific way to beat all the ailments and disorders. Yoga is like the key to a healthy and balanced lifestyle. It can be said as the best way to achieve top-to-toe fitness. Each and every yoga poses to stay fit is for some particular body part and ailment. They are designed in such a way that cutes both minor and major kind of injury.
Yoga Poses To Stay Fit
1Dhanurasana (Bow pose)
It helps to reduce belly fat fast. It Strengthens ankles, thighs, groins (1), chest and abdominal organs and spinal cord.
- Lie flat on your stomach with the legs and feet together and the arms and hands beside the body.
- Bend the knees and bring the heels close to the buttocks.
- Place the chin on the floor and clasp the hand around the ankles.
- Take a deep breath and raise your head trunk and legs above the ground in order to lift legs.
- Pull hands and legs in opposite direction.
- Hold the position for as long as is comfortable and then slowly relaxing the leg muscles lower the legs, chest and head to the starting position.
2Adho Mukha Svanasana (Downward Dog)
Adho Mukha Svanasana is a great pose for centering the mind and neutralizing the effects of other asanas on the body. Long practice of this pose will build strength for inversions.
- Keep both the legs together and stretch it backwardly.
- Keep both the palms below your chest on the floor with fingers stretched forward.
- Inhale the breathe deeply and lift your head, back and hip upwardly.
- Next exhale the breath and lit your back even higher and then fold your head downwardly.
- Hold your body in this position for 30 seconds and inhale your breathe deeply.
3Bhujangasana (Cobra pose)
This asana mainly focuses on your shoulders, neck and abdomen itself. It is a very good yogacise for those suffering from stiff neck pain (2), shoulders and back.
- Start in the prone position, by lying flat on your stomach.
- Make sure your feet are together, with the toes against the floor.
- Spread your hands on the floor and ensure you elbows are placed close to the rib cage.
- Continue to breathe slow and deep.
- As you inhale, make a gentle effort to push the chest forward and steadily straighten your arms.
- Deepen your stretch to create a graceful, even arc in your back.
- Breathe calmly and hold here for 5 to 10 breaths.
- As you exhale, gently release your body back to the floor.
4Baddha Konasana (Cobbler Pose)
Baddha konasana is a symmetrical pose that keeps the upper and lower bodies in perfect balance. The consistent practice of this pose can help with childbirth, urinary discomfort, and feelings of pain and heaviness.
- Sit on the floor with a straight spine.
- Bend your legs and join your feet together (with heels touching the inner part of thighs).
- Sit in a straighten posture, hold your breath and grasp your ankles firmly.
- Stay in that position till you feel easy and then exhale.
- Don’t forget to press your soles together while exhaling.
- If possible, slightly bend forward to touch your chin on the floor.
5Balasana (child pose)
Balasana’s dome shape provides the perfect pose for refocusing and enhancing the benefits of our inhales and exhales. Balasana relieves anxieties.
- Bend your knees while sitting on floor and leave comfortable distance between the knees.
- Let your hips rest on the heels and place hands on the thighs.
- Start bending forward so that your forehead touches the ground.
- Place your hands on the back with the palms either facing upwards or touching the heels.
- This asana acts like a resting and relaxation pose after major standing and sitting postures are completed.
6Vrikshasana (Tree pose)
Tree Pose or Vrikshasana is a basic balancing pose that we all need in our practice. Believe it or not but this pose is a form of standing meditation which is something we could all use to clear our minds of useless negative thoughts. One of best yoga poses to stay fit.
- Stand straight with your feet together and keep your hands by your side.
- Lift up your right leg up with bent knees and place your foot on your left inner thigh as in the picture.
- Your hands should be in a Salutation position. Lift them up above your head. Don’t bend your elbows.
- Balance your whole body only on your left foot and Breathe normally.
- Put your hands and legs down.
- Rest and repeat on your other leg too.